Saturday, September 12, 2015

Backgrounds

Man, backgrounds are really hard to choose. I want something that encapsulates the entirety of blog at a glance. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words, and I think I've easily written that many. How good they are or not is another matter. What I want my background to convey is my geeky fascinations (comics, kung fu, movies) and my fitness goals. That's why superheroes like Daredevil and Iron Fist appeal to. Sure, Daredevil may have a little extra something under the hood, but at the end of the day he's still just a really well trained fighter. Heck, Iron Fist had to train himself for years to earn his super power. I also grew up loving Kung Fu movies. That's another reason why they appeal to me. Batman, the classic trope, is ultimately just a super ninja. And a billionaire. And the world's greatest detective. But I digress. Spiderman has the reflexes of a spider. Angel has the anthropomorphic anatomy of a bird. But Daredevil, Iron Fist, Batman, Misty Knight, Nightwing, Green Hornet, and so many others had to put in hours of blood, sweat and tears to be at the top of their games. Unfortunately, I don't have the resources or time to dedicate to become a Kung Fu master. But I do have the time and resources to learn a thing or too. Firstly, something I recommend to everyone is the Tai Chi and Qi Gong course offered by the Great Courses Plus. Although to become part of the beta test club you need a pass-code. Right now I know that "Conspiracy" is functional, although I don't know for how long. Another great, free resource that I'm taking advantage is Darebee. On staff they have an international martial arts champion and he helps them design wonderful martial arts themed workouts. In fact, later this month they're doing a Katana themed workout week. I'm really looking forward to that. In fact, most of my workouts come from Darebee. For a long while, they had routines based on superheroes; until Disney and DC forced them to take down anything related to one of their intellectual properties. Although, if you look on the internet, I'm sure you can find the Batman, Daredevil, and Captain America workouts and so forth. Today I did the Bruce Lee abs workout at level 2.
Man. Bruce Lee, what a guy. He was a real life super hero. Bruce Lee once kicked a man so hard that it broke someone else's arm, His one inch punch was described as being hit by an SUV. And while he had great abs, I most remember him for his lats. I swear that guy could take flight, a la flying squirrel, with those things. Makes me wish I could do pull ups. By the way, I can't do pull ups. But I'm working towards that. They're the ultimate back exercise. But I digress. I want to share with you all the things I love, all the things I'm involved with. And picking the perfect background that expresses all of that in one glance is really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment